The Little Things in Life

June 15, 2017





Stress. Hurt. Arguments. Pain. Rejection. Busyness.
Those things can really cloud your vision, really hurt you and stress you deep inside. So much that you begin to feel dead. Even talking to God is hard, praying becomes a burden. Are you with me reader? How many times do we wake up and feel like burying ourselves in a hole. If you struggle with depression or anxiety you are not alone, I do too. How do we get out of this vicious cycle and have an open heart. I realize those of us who live in a more stressful situation retreat like snails, we become scared to love. Scared to open our heart. But that hurts even more than bearing the insults or hurt that comes from living with an open heart. It's hard, I'll admit its hard to go talk to people you have no desire whatsoever to talk to. To listen to someone who you know will never hear you out. To love someone who gives you sorrow, but it matters. Dear reader don't keep your heart closed because your scared of getting hurt, please live free. Live in Him! He loves you more than that hurt. He knows you so much better than you do!

As Eli says in the book I'm currently writing

“God holds it all in his hands, don’t take it away from Him.”



So when you let go what's the key to living free? The Little Things. I know it sounds cliche, but trust me, it's DEAD on. Today look out for beauty around you, all the beautiful little things created by Him that we forget to see. Today whoever you interact with, whoever you pass, show love. Even if you don't say it, think in your head "I wish the best for you, I just hope you are having a great day!" and let that love radiate through your actions. Today let your family and friends know how much they mean to you. Life is short, what is here today could be gone tomorrow. Let's not take anything for granted. For that reason, I decided to do this experiment and this is what happened! :) Here's my "List of Little Things", I hope this helps you to see the beauty in the little things and encourage you to start your own list! 


1. An elderly lady standing by her mailbox reading a book, behind her lies a stretch of green grass and on the other side a dried corn field. The sun glimmers down on the scene suspended in a bright blue sky filled with long white cotton clouds.

I saw this as we were driving by in the car, it looked like a scene you would find in a pinterest storyboard :) Keep looking to find simple beauty around you, it's everywhere.

2. Falling asleep in a room, just cleaned, the sweet spicy smell of peppermint wafting in the air. My eyes blinking against the window arch that peeks into the beautiful darkening ombre-blue sky.

3. Driving into clouds and misty fog as the sky grows pink and golden with the rising sun. Chanting hilarious ship name "spells" in the car with my siblings as the sun rises higher and higher.

4. The first bite of that long awaited sandwich after the crazy workout, giggling in the car over swimmer's antics and things that happened that morning.

5. Singing four way harmony of "Amazing Grace" and "Go Tell it on the Mountain" at the top of our lungs in the car with the windows open, (I'm pretty sure a lot of people thought we were absolutely crazy XD)

6. My Daddy's warm hands on my sleepy head at night praying over me for guidance, success and peace in my life <3

7. Finishing a chapter of my book! Finally! :)

8. Hugs <3 Friend hugs, Family hugs, Baby hugs. <3

9. Listening to epic music with my little siblings as we finish up summer homework. (When annoyance becomes action XD)

10. The awesome feeling of aching muscles and sweat as I work out. (Because that means I'm actually doing something XD)


I could go on forever, but for your sake that list stops there. :) See? There is ALOT to be thankful for. Nevermind the negative side, look at the postive side! What are you waiting for dear? Be filled with His Joy and see the little gifts He leaves everywhere for you.




What do you think? What are your struggles? Share with me, I always love to see your comments! Post a list of Little Things on your blog or comment them below! I would love to see them!



 Finally, brothers and sisters, 
whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, 
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, 
whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
(Phillipians 4:8)

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. This is beautiful! I struggled with depressive feelings and terrible anxiety that all collapsed on me near the holidays of last year. The anxiety would wake me up in the middle of the night with an attack. I was sad a lot and couldn't find joy. A lot of that anxiety was stemming from not knowing what's next for me. I just graduated high school last week and it has been pretty tough.

    You've inspired me to look at the beauty in life. Here's a list of things I'm thankful for today:

    1. I got to work out earlier in the morning than usual.(Yay, fitness blender.)
    2. My dad took off work today and tomorrow.
    3. I have so many opportunities in my life just waiting for me to take them.
    4. God is leading me to spread His word. He wants me to become a motivational speaker. (Which is interesting since I have stage fright.)
    5. God healed me of my anxiety and depressive feelings. However, the anxiety came back last night and hit me hard. It didn't matter, because God gave me peace of heart and I slept really well.

    There's so much more to be thankful for. I'm going to keep looking today for the beauty instead of worrying about what I do next. Thank you for this post, Anna. I needed it.

    God bless you!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *wraps you up in a huge hug* Today I was questioning if I should really post this, Thank God I did. <3 I can relate 100% I on and off struggle with the depression/anxiety and He gets me through but it's tough and I went through EXACTLY what you did.
      I love your list and I love that we are together in choosing to see beauty instead of drowning in our worries. Thank you for commenting and telling me about it, you made my day! <3 xoxoxo

      God bless you Ivie!

      Love,

      Anna

      Delete
    2. This post was amazing. I tried to look for more beauty today. We went to the museum and got to see some of the stuff we hadn't really seen before. It was a nice day.
      Life is so amazing and I think sometimes, we get caught up in the daily grind that we forget to look at all God has given us. It can be really hard to slow down, especially in a fast paced, social media obsessed world.

      What you said really made me think of what I went through near the end of last year. While I have a great life and there was no reason for me to feel that way, God was using those things to bring me closer to Him. It's all for Him.

      God bless. <3

      Delete
    3. That's wonderful! I'm so glad this could help someone and I've realized the exact same thing. Its like we tend to pore over everything horrible and forget how lucky and privileged we are and how much there actually is to be happy for. It is all for Him. <3

      Blessings
      <3
      xoxoxoxoxo

      Anna

      Delete
  2. One of the things I struggle with often is insecurity, as a a result, I often fall into periods of depression. It's been hard for me to recuperate at times and sometimes, I can't find a way out, but indeed there are good things to look at. Yesterday was one of those days-- I figured out how to code a video game, played Capture the Flag, a ton of ideas came at the volunteering brainstorming schedule ("Fidget spinners! Reach for the cookie jar! Life is a highway, I Would Walk 500 Miles--" None of that probably made any sense.), but it was probably one of the funniest and happiest days I've had in awhile. God is good.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I deal with a lot of insecurity but its true that there are always those things to fish you out if you keep an eye out and heart open.

      You know? I also have words that evoke so much happiness and no one would understand XD just simple little things but they are hilarious.

      I'm so glad you found happiness and I hope you will keep having awesome fun days filled with friendship and sunshine! <3

      Love,

      Anna

      Delete
  3. I love this, it's so beautiful. Thank you, thank you.
    I'm secretly insecure because I use to get bullied a lot, but luckily I'm pretty respected by most of my peers now, so no one messes with me anymore. I saw something the other day and it said "Be the person you needed when you were younger" so now I've decided to keep an eye out for bullies bullying little kids, because when I was younger I needed an older sibling. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gray <3

      I LOVE that quote, I really try to do the same. Even if kids act brave they often have some insecurities inside. In fact that was me when I was little, I always needed that older sibling and I was always SUPER insecure and scared and worried. Thankfully God has helped me out of that.

      Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I always enjoy seeing you around. xoxox

      Blessings,
      Anna

      Delete
  4. the little things <----- YES YES YES YES

    (also hi i'm autumn and YAY ANOTHER FELLOW ENFP!)

    I honestly could not agree more with this post. I guess a few years back I started seeing how important the little things in life are and how much they make life what it is. AND HOW EASY IT IS TO FORGET THEM. *ahem*

    I honestly love your list so much!! Makes me smile :)) I've done a few posts just of little things that make me happy and it's so awesome seeing other people's lists too. :D

    xx
    autumn |autumn's readings & writings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! That definitely happens to me alot, keeping check is easier said then done. hehe.
      And thank you Autumn for your kind words! I'm so glad you liked my list *warm fuzzies* I'm so excited to check out your blog and YAYYY ANOTHER ENFP <3



      Delete
  5. anna, thank you for posting this! at least for me, sometimes it's hard to post about more personal/internal stuff because you don't know how it will be received, but this post really hit home for me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Audrey <3 !
      I know how hard it can be to open up, and every time I'm like "should I really publish this?" but the outcome always seems to leave me so grateful for doing it.

      I'm so glad this helped you and thank you again for leaving a comment, I always love seeing you around! :)

      Delete

Hi! Thank you so much for your comments, they always make my day. I allow anonymous users to comment on my blog, but any crass, profane, pointless criticism and mean comments will be deleted. Remember to check back or click notify because I reply to all of my comments!
Have a Blessed day <3

My Pinterest

Let's Be Friends

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe