Stress. Hurt. Arguments. Pain. Rejection. Busyness.
Those things can really cloud your vision, really hurt you and stress you deep inside. So much that you begin to feel dead. Even talking to God is hard, praying becomes a burden. Are you with me reader? How many times do we wake up and feel like burying ourselves in a hole. If you struggle with depression or anxiety you are not alone, I do too. How do we get out of this vicious cycle and have an open heart. I realize those of us who live in a more stressful situation retreat like snails, we become scared to love. Scared to open our heart. But that hurts even more than bearing the insults or hurt that comes from living with an open heart. It's hard, I'll admit its hard to go talk to people you have no desire whatsoever to talk to. To listen to someone who you know will never hear you out. To love someone who gives you sorrow, but it matters. Dear reader don't keep your heart closed because your scared of getting hurt, please live free. Live in Him! He loves you more than that hurt. He knows you so much better than you do!
As Eli says in the book I'm currently writing
“God holds it all in his hands, don’t take it away from Him.”
So when you let go what's the key to living free? The Little Things. I know it sounds cliche, but trust me, it's DEAD on. Today look out for beauty around you, all the beautiful little things created by Him that we forget to see. Today whoever you interact with, whoever you pass, show love. Even if you don't say it, think in your head "I wish the best for you, I just hope you are having a great day!" and let that love radiate through your actions. Today let your family and friends know how much they mean to you. Life is short, what is here today could be gone tomorrow. Let's not take anything for granted. For that reason, I decided to do this experiment and this is what happened! :) Here's my "List of Little Things", I hope this helps you to see the beauty in the little things and encourage you to start your own list!
1. An elderly lady standing by her mailbox reading a book, behind her lies a stretch of green grass and on the other side a dried corn field. The sun glimmers down on the scene suspended in a bright blue sky filled with long white cotton clouds.
I saw this as we were driving by in the car, it looked like a scene you would find in a pinterest storyboard :) Keep looking to find simple beauty around you, it's everywhere.
2. Falling asleep in a room, just cleaned, the sweet spicy smell of peppermint wafting in the air. My eyes blinking against the window arch that peeks into the beautiful darkening ombre-blue sky.
3. Driving into clouds and misty fog as the sky grows pink and golden with the rising sun. Chanting hilarious ship name "spells" in the car with my siblings as the sun rises higher and higher.
4. The first bite of that long awaited sandwich after the crazy workout, giggling in the car over swimmer's antics and things that happened that morning.
5. Singing four way harmony of "Amazing Grace" and "Go Tell it on the Mountain" at the top of our lungs in the car with the windows open, (I'm pretty sure a lot of people thought we were absolutely crazy XD)
6. My Daddy's warm hands on my sleepy head at night praying over me for guidance, success and peace in my life <3
7. Finishing a chapter of my book! Finally! :)
8. Hugs <3 Friend hugs, Family hugs, Baby hugs. <3
9. Listening to epic music with my little siblings as we finish up summer homework. (When annoyance becomes action XD)
10. The awesome feeling of aching muscles and sweat as I work out. (Because that means I'm actually doing something XD)
I could go on forever, but for your sake that list stops there. :) See? There is ALOT to be thankful for. Nevermind the negative side, look at the postive side! What are you waiting for dear? Be filled with His Joy and see the little gifts He leaves everywhere for you.
What do you think? What are your struggles? Share with me, I always love to see your comments! Post a list of Little Things on your blog or comment them below! I would love to see them!
Finally, brothers and sisters,
whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.